- The Vietnam Generation Big Book, special issue, Vietnam Generation, 5:1-4, 1993.
- Southeast Asian American Communities, special issue, Vietnam Generation, 2:3, 1990.
- The Future of the Past: Revisionism and Vietnam, special issue, Vietnam Generation, 1:1, 1989.
- (Co-author) Pilgrim, T., et al. (2015) Age- and Gender-related Disparities in Primary Percutaneous Coronary Interventions for Acute ST-segment elevation Myocardial Infarction, PLOSOne 9(10): 9.
- (Co-author) Tenthani, L., et al (2015) Brief Report: HIV Testing Among Pregnant Women Who Attend Antenatal Care in Malawi. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 69(5):610-4.
- (Co-author) Panczak, R, et al. (2013) Incidence and Risk Factors of Homicide-Suicide in Swiss Households: National Cohort Study, Support Care Cancer 8(1):e53714.
- (Co-author) Panczak, R., et al. (2013) Homicide-suicides compared to homicides and suicides: systematic review and meta-analysis, Forensic Sci Int 10:233.
- (Co-author) Eychmüller, S., et al. (2013) ‘Diagnosing dying’ in cancer patients: a systematic literature review, European J of Palliative Care 20:6.
- (Co-author) Benedetti, D, et al. (2012) International palliative care experts’ view on phenomena indicating the last hours and days of life, PLoS One 8:1.
- “From Panther to Monster: Black Popular Culture Representations of Resistance from the Black Power Movement of the 1960s to the Boyz in the Hood,” in Elaine Richards & Ronald Jackson, Innovations in African-American Rhetoric, (University of Illinois Press, 2003).
- “That Just Kills Me: Black Militant Near Futurist Fiction,” Social Text (Summer 2002).
- “‘It’s a Beastly Rough Crowd I Run With’: Theory and the ‘New University,’” Day Late, Dollar Short: The Next Generation and the New Academy, ed. Peter C. Herman (New York: State University of New York Press) 2000.
- “Room Full of Mirrors: Race, Tourism, and Cyberspace,” Artbyte (May/June 2000).
- “apex of the m,” “Boy Talk,” “what does it do?” poetics@, Joel Kuszai, ed. (New York: Roof Books) 1999.
- “Duppies in the Machine: White Cyberculture Critics Read Race,” American Studies Association Annual Conference, Detroit, MI, October, 2000.
- “Nonfiction Prose,” Violence in America: An Encyclopedia, ed. Ronald Gottesman (New York: Charles Scribners & Sons) 1999.
- “Captive Audience: Telecoms in the Prisons,” WIRED Magazine, (October, 1997)
- “Beyond the Screen: African-American Theory and Computer-Mediated Communication,” WIRED Magazine, (October, 1996)
- “When History Talks Back: Inviting Vietnam Veterans into the Classroom,” The Vietnam War, ed. Marc Jason Gilbert (Stamford, CT: Greenwood Press) 1991.
- “War, Poetry, & Ethics,” War, Literature & the Arts, Fall/Winter 1998.
- “The Physician as Witness: A Response,” Literature & Medicine (Fall 1996) 15:2.
- “The Self-Reflexive War: War Looking at Film Looking at War,” Jump/Cut 36 (Spring 1991).
- “On the Cover of the Rolling Stone: Toward a Theory of Cultural Therapy,” Viet Nam Generation 1:1 (Winter 1989).
- “The Mind at War: Images of Women in Vietnam Novels by Combat Veterans,” Contemporary Literature (Fall 1989).
- Cybertypes: Race, Ethnicity, and Identity on the Internet, Lisa Nakamura (New York: Routledge) 2002.
- Everybody’s Grandmother & Nobody’s Fool: Frances Freeborn Pauley and the Struggle for Social Justice, Kathryn L. Nasstrom (Ithaca: Cornell University Press) 2000. For Freedom’s Sake: The Life of Fannie Lou Hamer, Chana Kai Lee (Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press) 1999. Feminist Collections 23: 3-4. (Spring 2002).
- Antitrust (Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, 2001); Director: Peter Howitt. Screenwriter: Howard Franklin. 108 mins.; rated PG-13
- women@internet: Creating New Cultures in Cyberspace, Wendy Harcourt, ed. Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies (March 2001).
- My Tiny Life: Crime and Passion in a Virtual World, Julian Dibbell. Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies (Feb 1999).